Saturday, February 22, 2014

iPads in the Classroom

iPads in the Classroom

This video is RAD! 
After class #1 of my Masters program focusing on Educational Technology, I was given the assignment to find videos "loosely" related to technology and education.  I wasn't sure how excited I was to get a Masters focusing on technology, but I figured since that's the way education is headed, it couldn't hurt and I'd give it a chance.  After seeing this video, I'm stoked!  Part of my hesitation and lack of excitement was due to never seeing a classroom running off of technology.  I have limited access to technology and honestly, limited knowledge to everything an iPad can do.  This video just pumped me up.  IT IS POSSIBLE to have a paperless classroom... or very close to in the 2nd grade.  I don't have a smart board and hardly know how they work, but now... I want one of those too! :)  I also enjoyed seeing the small clip showing the usage of QR codes.  I know what a QR code looks like, but have no idea what they do.  This was very cool to see and get a sample of what they do.  There wasn't anything in this video that I wasn't impressed with, but the last comment that was shared from the teacher was especially powerful... "The challenge I have, is getting out of the way and letting them show me what they can do, because they can do so much more than what I ever thought they could do."

















1 comment:

  1. Lauren! these are great videos! I'm so glad I took the time to read your blog because I, too wasn't exactly super excited about getting a masters in Technology at first but with the way technology is growing I know that it will be helpful in my life and job. It's nice to know there's someone else in class who may feel the same way at first. My school started using iPads this year and there are ups and downs but watching this video just got me re-excited! Thanks for sharing!!!! P.s. I've learned a few really cool and easy tricks with my ipad if you ever need help! =)

    ReplyDelete